Prawn & Prosciutto Skewers
Prawn and prosciutto on skewers are perfect for cooking on the bbq, under the grill or in a hot fry pan.
24 king or tiger prawns (raw)
24 slices prosciutto or 12 slices flat pancetta (cut in half)
100ml sumich olive oil
- Peel the prawns leaving the head and tail on.
- Wrap the prawns with prosciutto, going around the prawn but not overlapping the prosciutto.
- Skewer prawn from tail through the body up to the head, keeping the skewer in the centre of the body.
- Cook on the bbq, under the grill or in a hot fry pan. If cooking in a frying pan, heat pan until hot and add some of the olive oil, cooking a few at a time.
- In all methods cook for 2 minutes each side.
When defrosting uncooked prawns do it quickly in cold water and refrigerate as soon as they have defrosted
Can be served with lemon and parsley dressing