Mount Barker Roast Chicken
A delicious roast chicken with lemon myrtle spice accompanied by kipfler potatoes. Perfect with Evans and Tate semillon sauvignon blanc. I recommend using a Mount Barker free range chicken.
1 x Mount Barker free range chicken approximately 1.5kg
600gms kipfler potatoes
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tspn lemon myrtle spice rub
1 lemon zest
½ bund thyme leaves
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 220 deg fan forced.
- Brush chicken with 2 tablespoons of oil and then rub in lemon myrtle spice rub. season with salt and pepper.
- After scrubbing the potatoes toss in remainder of olive oil, thyme leaves, lemon zest and salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes on the bottom of a roasting tray. rest chicken on top and bake covered with foil for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes or until juices run clear when testing with a knife. Alternatively if you have a digital thermometer the chicken is ready when it reaches 75 deg.
Serve with a chilled glass of Evans and Tate semillon sauvignon blanc.